The main purpose of this post is to list sites where Eons folks are gathering and to link to help files that might help in recovering a few items from "cached" pages of Eons posts and blogs. I am a member at most of the sites for the time being, but I am not recommending one site over another one.
On most sites, you won't be able to view the groups that have been created or the member list without joining. I created a new email account to use when I joined the sites and did not use my regular email.
Social Networking Sites For Boomers:
- Buzz50 http://www.buzz50.com/ Forum style. (Found via search June 19, 2012)
- Forum Post: "Eons Social Networking site goes offline" http://www.buzz50.com/index.php/forum/2-serious-discussion/1470538-eons-social-networking-site-goes-offline
- My Boomer Place (Has two versions operated by the same owners - the old one and the upgrade)
- The Old My Boomer Place http://myboomerplace.com/
- The New My Boomer Place: http://new.myboomerplace.com/
- Ning Communities (Use software owned by Ning - subject to Ning rules and changes):
- Boomers Friending - http://boomersfriending.com/ Started in May 2012 by an Eons member. Message last visit (Dec. 6, 2012): "We apologize for the inconvenience, but Boomers is currently undergoing maintenance."
- TeeBeeDee - http://teebeedee.ning.com/
- New "Owner" http://teebeedee.ning.com/profile/EddieDingo
- Think.Be.Do (a Ning Community) http://thinkbedo.ning.com/ Quinn has posted that Think.Be.Do will close December 31, 2012. Eons members who settled there are looking for another place to settle.
- Not Over the Hill (NOTH) social networking site (According to an Eons member whose opinion I respect, the software used is phpfox): http://notoverthehill.com/
- Group: "Eons Waiting Room" http://notoverthehill.com/groups/view/id_557/
- Spruz Communities (Use software owned by Spruz - subject to Spruz rules and changes):
- Boomerville - http://boomerville.spruz.com/ (group started by an Eons member)
Social Networking Sites for All Ages:
- Facebook (Gathering Places)
- Page: EonsInc (Controlled by Eons) http://www.facebook.com/EonsInc
- FB group: BABYBOOMERS https://www.facebook.com/groups/269683643130363/
- FB group: Eons Friends https://www.facebook.com/groups/117156491727433/
- FB group: Eons Groups on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/323210444422998/
- Yuku (Was Ezboard - now with new software and name) http://www.yuku.com
The above links are sites where Eons folks have joined. There may be more sites where Eons folks may be located and links will be added as they become known. Personally, I'd suggest having at least two "homes". You never know when a site might go down.
Eons Members Blogs:
- Boomers Play http://boomersplay.blogspot.com/2012/06/my-favorite-social-networking-site-eons.html (My blog created to list sites where members are gathering:- )
- Ticket2Heaven's blog: http://ticket2heaven2009.blogspot.com/
Help Pages or Info
- Finding Blogs and Posts Using Google Search and Cached Pages
- HonestJohn shared this link with me. If you are looking for some of your blogs on Eons, you might be able to find them via this link on the WayBack Machine site. It lists around 900 blogs that can be found there: http://wayback.archive.org/web/*/http://www.eons.com/blogs/entries/*